With 7 sleeps until Christmas, we are giving you another easy tutorial that will look adorable on your Christmas table!
We have recruited Allison Turner from @alwayssaveroomforcake to create a tutorial for these adorable reindeer caksicles.
Allison uses the leftover 10" White-Choc mud cake scraps from our previous reindeer cake tutorial.
Just click below to watch the tutorial
Keep reading for all the tools and tricks you need to know
What you will need:
- Bake Me Up Mud Cake (Allison uses the 10" White-Choc cake)
- Cakesicle Mould (Allison uses one from Cake Craft)
- Popsicle Sticks (Allison uses acrylic gold ones)
- Tempered Chocolate (200g for 4 cakesicles)
- Colour Mill Taupe - Oil Based Colouring
- Ganache or Buttercream
- Caking It Up Stencil
- Reindeer Antlers (cupcake toppers)
- Decorators Alcohol or Vodka
- Gold Glitter (or any colour you'd like)
If you would like to purchase any of these cake decorating supplies that Allison used in this tutorial you can purchase them from any of our stockists which can be found here: Bake Me Up Stockists
Tricks of the trade:
- If your layer of chocolate in the mould isn't sticking to the sides. Wait for it to set and do another thin layer on top
- The colour of the popsicle you want showing at the front has to be inserted into the mould upside down
- Use some tempered chocolate around the popsicle stick to reinforce it within the mould
- Don't overfill your mould with cake! It will show through the chocolate back
- Use a tiny bit of ganache on the area where you want the nose to go, this will make it stick
We can't wait to see your recreations of these Reindeer Cakesicles alongside your recreations of the Reindeer Cake!
Make sure to tag us on our socials @bakemeupaus and if you're feeling fancy use the hashtag #BakeMeUpMagic
Happy Decorating 💙