We're facing an unprecedented time, with people around the world feeling the impact of COVID-19. The situation is changing every day, and we're doing what we can to take care of our team, customers and community. Here are the actions we've taken so far:
- To help support our local healthcare workers we have pledged to donate cakes to several of our local Victorian hospitals. More details and updates to follow.
- Our entire team are self-isolating and have moved to remote work where possible (we still go to the factory to pick and pack orders) #stayinghome
- Our team has maintained regular hours to continue providing uninterrupted support to our customers.
- We've compiled a list of helpful resources (below) that can help you face new challenges and protect yourself and those around you as well as some uplifting websites and fun hashtags to follow.
- In addition to our standard hygiene and OHS practices we are now regularly sanitising all surfaces and equipment including our shipping boxes.
IF YOU NEED SUPPORT RIGHT NOW
- Lifeline 13 11 14 will continue to be operating 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
- Lifeline Text 0477 13 11 14 will continue to operate 6pm – midnight (AEDT), 7 nights a week
- Lifeline webchat will continue to operate 7pm – midnight (AEDT), 7 nights a week
- Kids Helpline – for children that may need support 1800 55 1800 https://kidshelpline.com.au
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636 https://beyondblue.org.au
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT UPDATES
- Essential information
- This site is regularly updated to give you the latest Coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia.
HEAD TO HEALTH
Head to Health is committed to providing Australians with trusted information and digital supports to help support everyone's mental health and wellbeing during this pandemic. This page covers where to get the facts about the COVID-19 outbreak, tips for maintaining good mental health, information on how to access mental health services, information for parents, and how to keep older Australians safe and connected by helping them get established online.
- COVID-19: The facts
- Maintaining good mental health
- Hear from mental health experts
- How to access mental health services
- Next steps
CHRIS MACKEY & ASSOCIATES
- Positive Websites
- Mental Health Articles Related to COVID-19
- Helpful Websites for Parenting
- Free, Helpful Mental Health Resources
- COVID-19 Reputable Sources of Information
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION
- Rolling updates on coronavirus disease.
LIFELINE AUSTRALIA 13 11 14
- Mental health and wellbeing tips and strategies to continue looking after ourselves and each other during these difficult times.
- "We would like to reassure Australians that the Lifeline telephone, text and webchat services will continue as normal throughout the COVID-19 crisis." - Lifeline.org.au
If you know an older Australian who might need assistance in getting established online and learning digital literacy skills, visit eSafety’s Be Connected website, which has great resources designed to help older Australians develop digital and online skills. eSafety's article Social distancing without the isolation: helping older Australians connect online (opens in a new tab) highlights some of the key resources that can help right now.
Uplifting Hash Tags you should definitely be following...
Mental health organisations, experts and leaders have come together to launch #InThisTogether – a national conversation that everyone can join in on, sharing practical tips online to support the mental health and wellbeing of Australians during COVID-19
Watch the #InThisTogether videos on the ausmentalhealthausmentalhealth (opens in a new tab) YouTube channel.
- "Let's… bake together, united by the hashtag #BakeCorona, because we will bake it, we will beat it. With every cake, biscuit and Swiss roll" - @missfoodwise
- Come for the laughs.....stay for the laughs!
- Imaginative and hilarious ways to pass the time while hanging out at home...
- Free online concerts from musicians around the world!
- From the humorous to the more serious.
- See the world from the comfort of you own home and return the favour by sharing the view from your window